Ron Spatz, Thoroughbred Race Horse Trainer
Are looking for a thoroughbred race horse trainer that believes in giving each horse the individual time and training it takes to make them a winner?
Ron never stables more than 25 horses at a time, giving each animal the hands-on time and personal training they need. What more could you want in a qualified thoroughbred race horse trainer?
Ron has 25 stakes winners and stakes placed horses and a 20% strike rate at first time out.
July 3rd, 2020
Very proud of Assertiko today winning his third in a row and showing his ability to carry his speed at the 1 mile distance, congrats to the partners!!
June 14th, 2020
Another fun Win with Frank First, winning for his owner “Frank Bertolino” on his birthday!!
June 7th, 2020
Barn 10 is Hot this week, congrats to Monarch Stable and my crew!!
June 3rd, 2020
Assertiko does it! This week keeps getting better. Congrats to the Partnership.
May 31st, 2020
Awesome Enough thought the grass was awesome today!
May 9th, 2020
Assertiko beats Rivelli 3/5 favorite.
April 30th, 2020
Sky Chaser wins her second in a row! Florida bred alw race at a mile.
April 5, 2020
Sky Chaser getting it done. Congrats Sundance Stable!
March 4, 2020
Like You seems to like the mile distance!
February 21, 2020
Put another maiden winner at Gulfstream Park, Monarch Stables Frank First ridden by Irad Ortiz!
February 14, 2020
I’ll Do It My Way breaks her maiden in a grass race at Gulfstream Park winning easily at odds of 16 to 1!
Really fun race to watch!
December 29, 2019
Wasn’t a win but we sure are proud of Jack B. Winkle. He was so close after a long layoff.
Currently Ron has over 784 career wins and made over 16 million in purse earnings. Some of his early successes include Carterista, a Florida bred Turf Champion, grass horse who won most of the major stake races in Florida, After the early successes of Carterista, whose career ended with 27 wins out of 102 starts included graded stakes wins.
First starter at GPW a winner, Frank Alone
Congrats Monarch stable!
- Redoubled Miss was another of Ron’s early successes. She had earnings of $629,839 and is a multiple Graded Stakes Place winner. She was retired at the end of her racing career to be a broodmare.
History of a Thoroughbred Race Horse Trainer, Ron Spatz
Ron started a summer job hot walking at Monmouth Park Racetrack. He then spent 4 years grooming and 6 years as an assistant to top trainers, Budd Lepman, and Hall of fame trainer, Jimmy Croll. After a 3 year stint as a Racing Official Ron took out his trainers license in 1981 and began, what has become, a successful training career.
Individual Attention to Each Thoroughbred Horse
- Ron recently attended the Ocala Breeders sales looking for young prospects. Ron’s passion is buying young horses and turning them into success stories. He enjoys working with young athletes and developing their potential.
- His strong desire to personally serve his owners and give his attention to each individual horse is the root of his success.
- Being a horse race horse trainer is all about winning races and keeping horses in the barn and the owners enjoying the business.
The Passion of a Thoroughbred Race Horse Trainer
Some of his more recent successes include:
- Art G is Back was a OBS April 2018, 2 yr old for $90,000 purchase. As of Sept. ’19 he’s had 11 starts, 4 wins, 3 seconds, 2 thirds, for earnings of $235,655. He has 2 wins, 2 seconds, and 1 third in his last 5 stakes races.
- Bye Bye J, a $21,000 OBS yearling purchase. She was Uncaptureds first starter and first winner. She won her first start and also became a stakes winner in her 2nd start. Check the article on Bye Bye J.
- Mo Cash was a very interesting story. He was an 11,000 OBS June, 2016, 2 year old sale. He was also a multiple graded stakes winning, stakes placed horse.
- That same week, St. Michael was the first runner and first time out winner for his sire, Handsome Mike.
Some of Ron's Stakes Winning Horses
Here are some articles written about Ron’s winning horses after their win.
Connect with Ron
Connect with a thoroughbred race horse trainer that creates winning horses.
About Ron Spatz
Ron believes there is nothing more important than the time spent with the horse and the experience he brings to the table. He never stables more than 25 horses at a time, giving each animal the hands-on time and personal training they need. What more could you want in a qualified thoroughbred race horse trainer?
Are you looking for a race horse trainer for your thoroughbred? If you’re looking for a trainer that spends time with the horses on a daily basis, you’ll appreciate the personal care that Ron Spatz brings to training.
A WINNING RACE HORSE TRAINER
Being a race horse trainer is all about winning races and keeping horses in the barn.
Ron knows that the more horse races you win, the more horses you get to train. Ron knows how to do both. After starting with just 2 horses he moved to 25 horses in his barn that he was training within 3 years.
Currently Ron has over 770 career wins and made over 16 million in purse earnings. Ron Spatz got his start back in 1971 while working a summer job in his college years. He gravitated towards what he loved and headed down to the race track and started walking horses.
Ron became a hot walker and then a groom. Ron spent 4 years grooming and another 6 years as an assistant to other trainers before setting out on his own. In 1981 he took out his trainer license and began a successful career.
He has found that, for his way of doing things, stabling no more than 25 horses is the ideal to allow for the hands-on training and detailed attention that he has become known for.