Ron Spatz, Thoroughbred Race Horse Trainer
Are you looking for a thoroughbred race horse trainer that believes in giving each horse the individual time and training it takes to make them a winner?
Ron never stables more than 25 horses at a time, giving each animal the hands-on time and personal training they need. What more could you want in a qualified thoroughbred race horse trainer?
Ron has 25 stakes winners and stakes placed horses and a 20% strike rate at first time out.
Fontina takes a stroll in the slop,
wins easy under the expert directions of Ron Spatz
Took 14 starts for Mystic Sunrise to win her first race but she was on the board for more than half of them and today she finally got it done. Congrats to Monarch Stable for being so patient. The little gal was claimed. Good luck to her new connections.
Song on the Radio gets the Mdn WIN with Joe Bravo
The Bird notches another WIN
Diamond Messa looking good in his Mdn Win
Hard to win from the one post sprinting, but Ekati King got it done with a superb ride from Irad Ortiz. Congrats East Coast partners.
Just for Luck wins first of the $12.5 claim for $25.000
Loco Abarrio continues to improve his record at Gulfstream Park. Loco has 13 GP starts with 5 wins, 6 2nds, and 1 3rd for $217,300 in earnings.
Florida-bred Fillies Take to Tapeta in Juvenile Fillies
BY BROCK SHERIDAN
Florida-bred fillies will be going head-to-head over the Gulfstream Park Tapeta Saturday in the $60,000 Juvenile Fillies, co-featured with $60,000 Juveniles. Both races will be run at a mile-and-70 yards and will each offer an additional $15,000 to the winners presented by the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders’ and Owners’ Association if they are eligible for the rich Florida Sire Stakes program.
The FHBPA wishes to congratulate Trainer, and FHBPA Board Member, Ron Spatz on posting his 800th career win when his 2yo Filly “I Get It” bested the boys in last Sunday’s allowance race. Ron has amassed a record of 800-758-727 since he saddled winner #1 named Fast Change on 12/23/1982 at Calder.
Currently Ron has over 784 career wins and made over 16 million in purse earnings. Some of his early successes include Carterista, a Florida bred Turf Champion, grass horse who won most of the major stake races in Florida, After the early successes of Carterista, whose career ended with 27 wins out of 102 starts included graded stakes wins.
First starter at GPW a winner, Frank Alone
Congrats Monarch stable!
- Redoubled Miss was another of Ron’s early successes. She had earnings of $629,839 and is a multiple Graded Stakes Place winner. She was retired at the end of her racing career to be a broodmare.
History of a Thoroughbred Race Horse Trainer, Ron Spatz
Ron started a summer job hot walking at Monmouth Park Racetrack. He then spent 4 years grooming and 6 years as an assistant to top trainers, Budd Lepman, and Hall of fame trainer, Jimmy Croll. After a 3 year stint as a Racing Official Ron took out his trainers license in 1981 and began, what has become, a successful training career.
Individual Attention to Each Thoroughbred Horse
- Ron recently attended the Ocala Breeders sales looking for young prospects. Ron’s passion is buying young horses and turning them into success stories. He enjoys working with young athletes and developing their potential.
- His strong desire to personally serve his owners and give his attention to each individual horse is the root of his success.
- Being a horse race horse trainer is all about winning races and keeping horses in the barn and the owners enjoying the business.
The Passion of a Thoroughbred Race Horse Trainer
Some of his more recent successes include:
- Art G is Back was a OBS April 2018, 2 yr old for $90,000 purchase. As of Sept. ’19 he’s had 11 starts, 4 wins, 3 seconds, 2 thirds, for earnings of $235,655. He has 2 wins, 2 seconds, and 1 third in his last 5 stakes races.
- Bye Bye J, a $21,000 OBS yearling purchase. She was Uncaptureds first starter and first winner. She won her first start and also became a stakes winner in her 2nd start. Check the article on Bye Bye J.
- Mo Cash was a very interesting story. He was an 11,000 OBS June, 2016, 2 year old sale. He was also a multiple graded stakes winning, stakes placed horse.
- That same week, St. Michael was the first runner and first time out winner for his sire, Handsome Mike.
Connect with Ron, Race Horse Trainer
Connect with a thoroughbred race horse trainer that creates winning horses.
About Ron Spatz
Ron believes there is nothing more important than the time spent with the horse and the experience he brings to the table. He never stables more than 25 horses at a time, giving each animal the hands-on time and personal training they need. What more could you want in a qualified thoroughbred race horse trainer?
Are you looking for a race horse trainer for your thoroughbred? If you’re looking for a trainer that spends time with the horses on a daily basis, you’ll appreciate the personal care that Ron Spatz brings to training.
A WINNING RACE HORSE TRAINER
Being a race horse trainer is all about winning races and keeping horses in the barn.
Ron knows that the more horse races you win, the more horses you get to train. Ron knows how to do both. After starting with just 2 horses he moved to 25 horses in his barn that he was training within 3 years.
Currently Ron has over 770 career wins and made over 16 million in purse earnings. Ron Spatz got his start back in 1971 while working a summer job in his college years. He gravitated towards what he loved and headed down to the race track and started walking horses.
Ron became a hot walker and then a groom. Ron spent 4 years grooming and another 6 years as an assistant to other trainers before setting out on his own. In 1981 he took out his trainer license and began a successful career.
He has found that, for his way of doing things, stabling no more than 25 horses is the ideal to allow for the hands-on training and detailed attention that he has become known for.